Website Eden Village Camp
Jewish Farm-to-Table Sleepaway Camp
Eden Village’s Music Specialists are the backbone of our camp culture. From morning meditative song circles to exuberant Friday night oneg and every after-meal blessing and song session, you’ll be bringing our community together through music. At Eden Village, we don’t listen to any recorded music- we make it all ourselves! You’ll spend your days teaching campers new instruments, how to write songs, form bands, and perform for each other. You’ll make every day at camp a dance party!
Eden Village camp is a non-profit overnight camp rooted in the Jewish vision of creating a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world. We’re dedicated to providing campers with an incredible summer experience while empowering them to promote a vibrant future for themselves, their communities, and planet.
- Live on site at Eden Village Camp for the 9 week summer season
- Prior experience as an educator
- Able to teach guitar, ukulele, drums, niggunim, and song writing
- Able to lead and engage large groups in singing.
- Must love being organized and ready to caretake a space used by 250+ community members.
- Work well on a team and be open to direction from your supervisor.
- Specialists must be at least 19 years old, and are expected to stay at camp the entire season and attend staff training.
- Prepare and teach 3-4 programs a day for campers age 8-16 on songwriting, guitar, ukelele, drums, making a band, and more.
- You are coming into years of pre-written lesson plans with the ability to tinker and personalize.
- Lead after-meal blessings and song sessions 2 times a day every day.
- Support in leading Friday night oneg (song session) and Havdalah.
- Manage setup and breakdown of sound systems for all music moments throughout the summer.
- Keep the music room clean and organized. Manage instrument library check in and out systems.
- Flexible and able to go with the flow as challenges arise
- Community-minded with an emphasis on intentional Jewish community experience
- Excited to work at a summer camp with kids of all ages
- Attend and support evening programming as needed
Why you’ll love it!
- Experience deep community with a vibrant staff of 120 young people from all over the world and a core cohort of 15 other educators specializing in art, herbs, farm, wilderness skills, and more! Our community values skills sharing, spiritual growth, and inclusivity.
- You’ll enjoy three kosher, organic, locally sourced meals a day.
- We have a secret little room just for staff snack…and a not-so-secret not-so-little FARM full of fresh off the vine snacks! We’re munching on cherry tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, cucumbers, peaches, cherries, carrots, and so much more all summer long.
- You get to hang out with goats!
- We have at least one staff fun activity every night and staff-only swim a few times a week.
- You’ll inspire kids to be more playful, kind, caring, joyful, and grateful- changing their lives and changing the world!
Dates: June 14 – August 21, 2023
Time Off: All staff receive one 24-hour day off per week, and around 3 hours off every day.
Salary: $2,000 base salary, additional compensation based on experience
To apply for this job please visit edenvillagehttps.