Website Eden Village Camp
Jewish Farm-to-Table Sleepaway Camp
Join the Eden Village educator team as a woodworking specialist! We’re building a brand new woodworking program this summer and are searching for an experienced educator to bring this new program to life.
Eden Village camp is a non-profit overnight camp rooted in the Jewish vision of creating a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world. We’re dedicated to providing campers with an incredible summer experience while empowering them to promote a vibrant future for themselves, their communities, and planet. Learn more here!
- Live on site at Eden Village Camp for the 9 week summer season
- Prior experience as an educator
- Basic knowledge of woodworking, hand tools, and power tools
- Must love being organized and ready to caretake a space used by 250+ community members.
- Work well on a team and be open to direction from your supervisor.
- Woodworking specialist must be at least 21 years old, and are expected to stay at camp the entire season and attend staff training.
- Teach 3-4 programs every day for campers ages 8-16.
- Prepare lessons for campers age 8-16 in learning how to use hand and power tools, and craft a variety of woodworking projects.
- Excited to create a new program from the ground up.
- Keep the woodshop clean and organized
- Ideally, you can help draw connections between being Jewish and making things by hand…but we can help with that.
- Flexible and able to go with the flow as challenges arise
Community-minded with an emphasis on intentional Jewish community experience
- Excited to work at a summer camp with kids of all ages
- Attend and support evening programming as needed
Why you’ll love it!
- Experience deep community with a vibrant staff of 120 young people from all over the world and a core cohort of 15 other educators specializing in art, herbs, farm, wilderness skills, and more! Our community values skills sharing, spiritual growth, and inclusivity.
- You’ll enjoy three kosher, organic, locally sourced meals a day.
- We have a secret little room just for staff snack…and a not-so-secret not-so-little FARM full of fresh off the vine snacks! We’re munching on cherry tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, cucumbers, peaches, cherries, carrots, and so much more all summer long.
- You get to hang out with goats!
- We have at least one staff fun activity every night and staff-only swim a few times a week.
- You’ll inspire kids to be more playful, kind, caring, joyful, and grateful- changing their lives and changing the world!
Dates: June 14 – August 21, 2023
Time Off: All staff receive one 24-hour day off per week, and around 3 hours off every day.
Salary: $2,000 base salary with additional compensation depending on experience
To apply for this job please visit edenvillagecamp.org.