Website wildernesstorah Wilderness Torah
Celebrating earth-based Jewish traditions
Festival Logistics Coordinator
START DATE: March 1, 2023
Would you like to play an integral role in helping us build our village in the desert?
Wilderness Torah seeks a Festival Logistics Coordinator for the upcoming Passover in the Desert Festival (festival dates are April 5-10, 2023). This position will help create a village from scratch for 350 people in a remote desert. This requires creation of key pieces of infrastructure, including large and small shade structures, an outdoor kitchen, waste/recycling stations, solar lighting, electricity/gas needs. The festival also requires coordinating a complex setup and takedown process with many work-exchange participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning and onsite production process of all infrastructure logistics. Coordinate all activities to ensure enough resources on hand for the festival. Example of activities include: decor for spaces and work exchange help for building the site.
- Plan workers’ schedules, estimate costs and manage budgets to ensure workflow meets required deadlines for the setup and takedown of the festival.
- Create and manage all logistical plans around Water, Electrical, Lighting, Sanitation, Signage, Decor. (Note: we’ve been successfully creating festivals in nature for 10 years; we have robust, existing logistical, set-up and break-down plans that can be followed or adapted.)
- Experience building shade structures (e.g., carports, canopy, party tents)
- Know your way around a tool shed or hardware store.
- Building or handy-person skills a plus, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license, including comfort with driving a 26’ truck (commercial license not required)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Loading of gear: March 30th – 31st
- Onsite at festival: April 1st – 11th
- Unloading of gear: April 12th – 13th
- Email email@example.com, subject: Logistics Coordinator.
- Describe how your prior experience will set you up for success in this position.
- Desired start date: Mar 1, 2023 or earlier if available.
- Contract: $5,500
To apply for this job please visit wildernesstorah.org.